- Self-supporting international students from countries specified by the foundation (see below for the list of specified countries), who are/ will be enrolled in the regular course. (With a “College Student” visa)
- With enough Japanese language ability for study/research.
- Enrollment period of the course currently enrolled in should be more than one year from October 2011 (However, this does not apply for those enrolled in the doctoral course).
- Parents should not be working in Japan.
- Not holding a doctorate degree.
- Interested in international understanding and friendship and able to participate in the foundation’s exchange activities.
- Not receiving any other scholarships.
Bangladesh, Bhutan, Brunei, Cambodia, India, Indonesia, Laos, Malaysia, Maldives, Myanmar, Nepal, Pakistan, Philippines, Singapore, Sri Lanka, Thailand, East Timor, Vietnam
Scholarship amount per month:
- 120,000 Yen (undergraduate students)
- 180,000 Yen (graduate students) – A grant for participating in academic conference will also be provided.
- All eligible applicants will be recommended from the university.
Scholarship grant period:
April 2012 scholar: April 2012 ~ March 2014 (two years)
Deadline for application: Submit all necessary documents to International Student Section by August 19, 2011 (Fri). However, the first-year students who will be enrolled from October 2011 can apply until September 2, 2011 (Fri).
Application forms can be downloaded from the following foundation’s website:
http://www.sisf.or.jp/ (in Japanese only)
Students who had not registered are also eligible to apply.
Office for International Cooperation & Exchange (OICE)
Graduate School of Agricultural and Life Sciences,
The University of Tokyo
All students are expected to check the information displayed on the OICE homepage and notice boards
Print this page